This is a brief summary of what SciDAVis can do. If you are still
unsure whether it meets your needs, you can also take a look at the
screenshots or simply download SciDAVis and see for yourself!
- Tables (2D data), matrices (3D data), graphs (2D or 3D plots)
and notes (text notes or scripts) are gathered in a Project and can be
organized using folders.
- Data for tables or matrices can be entered directly or
imported from ASCII files.
- Cell values in tables can be computed using standard and
special functions (and much more if you have Python installed). Each
table cell can be assigned an individual formula.
- Multi-level undo/redo for tables and matrices.
- Many built-in analysis operations like column/row
statistics, (de)convolution, FFT and FFT-based filters.
- Extensive support for fitting linear and nonlinear
functions to the data, including multi-peak fitting.
- Publication-quality 2D plots of various types including
symbols/lines, bars and pie charts which can be exported to a variety
of formats (JPG, PNG, EPS, PDF, SVG and more).
- Interactive 3D plots with export to a variety of formats,
including EPS and PDF.
- Note windows with support for in-place evaluation of mathematical expressions. With Python installed, you can even access other objects in the project, e.g. for rapidly writing an import filter for a custom data format.